Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New year, new blog

I've never been big on resolutions, but when a friend mentioned that they were only making resolutions they could keep this year, starting with "eat more chocolate," I began to think I could be missing out on something! So, my resolutions for 2008 are:

1. Buy some new yarn (got my old stash cleaned out just in time!);

2. Play around with Ravelry (got my invitation in September, after waiting many, many weeks, but was just plain overwhelmed by all the goodness there, so hadn't personalized anything yet);

and . . .

3. Try out this blogging stuff!

So far, I'm good on all three! First, I put my favorite Christmas gift certificate to good use at The Loopy Ewe - got the beautiful Hand Maiden Mini Maiden in 'Melon,' (which I think really could have been called 'Camelia'), some Dream in Color Baby in 'Lucky Jade' and two skeins of the Lorna's Laces sock yarn in 'Tahoe.'



Next, I stopped by a not-so-LYS that I haven't been to in a while - this shop is always a hoot. I also visited two new (to me, anyway) LYS's - one that's pretty close to work, and another that's dangerously convenient on my drive home from work. There might've been just a small purchase or two at these locations, as well ...

The good news is that (patting self on back) I've entered it all on my Ravelry stash list - I'm under 'monkijan' there. I've got a couple more projects to enter, and only about a million more to look at (that's the bad news ...) Wonder how much less knitting I'll actually get done now that I'm keeping my resolutions???

No comments: