Monday, March 10, 2008

Wildflower weekend



When the hub asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I didn't have to think long - we've been talking about going out to Joshua Tree to see the wildflowers every spring for about five years now, so this year it was time!







We couldn't have picked a nicer weekend - the warm sun and cool breeze were perfect, and the wildflowers were amazingly beautiful.
I had no idea there would be so many varieties in so many colors.







We've visited the park several times, but always stayed near the northern end, where most of the campgrounds are. This time, though, we came in through the southern entrance, and that, as it turns out, is wildflower central.
I don't think it's going to take us
five more years to get back there for another springtime visit!



1 comment:

Willow said...

Jani,
I love the wild flower photos! Isn't it amazing that the desert flowers save all their color and finery for the blooms and don't waste much on the leaves?
I was fortunate to see the wildflowers blooming in Death Valley 'the year it rained there'.
Happy Birthday to you, too.