Wednesday, September 3, 2008

FO - SFS!

Just a few pictures to commemorate my first-ever finished pair of socks! I've made plenty of baby booties and Christmas stockings in the past, and I've also started but then frogged a couple of other pairs of socks before these, so they really shouldn't have taken so long to finish. If I'd been using a beautiful hand-dyed sock yarn instead of desert tan (could've been worse - some knitters have to do black!), or perhaps if they'd been a little smaller, instead of needing 12" legs, 10" feet & a diameter large enough to fit over a 2-liter bottle . . . or maybe if the yarn & needles had been a little larger, say sport weight
on US 3s & 4s, instead of fingering on 0s & 1s. Perhaps then I would've gotten more than this one pair completed in the last three months!

Oh well, they're done, and they're in the mail, along with a few other 'care package' goodies, including six balls of sock yarn donated by my very generous LYS - I figured someone else in the SFS group could use it up a lot faster than me!

At this point, I'm feeling very grateful that the next pairs I do (and yes, despite the whining, there will be more) already have the legs complete. Many thanks to Lisa for machine-knitting these and sending them to me from Texas!

Now that I have my studio somewhat together again, I can say with confidence that the only other thing still on my needles (besides two very quick & sorta secret gifts) is this felted bag, which will be fun to get back to. Not bad! Guess a little more stash-busting is in order between now and the end of the year. Hmmm . . .


No comments: